Cosmetic tattooing falls under multiple avenues. It is often referred to as micropigmentation or semi-permanent makeup. The process involves implanting mineral pigment beneath the surface of the skin by means of tiny, sterile and disposable needles. The result is an enhancement of the natural facial features complimented by the appearance of hair strokes or makeup selected to best suit your lifestyle.
The purpose of cosmetic tattooing is to enhance the natural features of a patient. Cosmetic tattooing creates a softer and more subtle result (once healed) and is meant to be a natural-looking enhancement. Body tattoos use permanent ink while cosmetic tattoo procedures involve semi-permanent pigments. These pigments are metabolized by our bodies as they fade over time. Fading is desired as it allows us to make adjustments to the colour and shape at future touchup appointments.
Hairs-stroke eyebrow tattooing is also known as:
- Eyebrow feathering
- Eyebrow embroidery
- 3-D eyebrows
A highly-effective topical anesthetic cream and gel are used for numbing before and during your procedure. Pain levels vary from person to person and every effort is made to ensure you remain comfortable for the entire procedure. Having this service performed during your menstrual cycle may increase discomfort during your procedure. If you are a frequent smoker, the topical anesthetics used during the treatment will not last as long. If you have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, be aware that this may affect your sensitivity tolerance to the treatment.
Cosmetic tattoo treatments are considered semi-permanent and takes about 2-5 years to completely fade, however annual touchups are recommended to maintain a fresh look all year round (Brows 1 year, eyes 3 years, lips 2 years). Your procedures can last much longer if proper care is taken. Frequency of touch-ups depends on a number of factors including: the pigment colour used (lighter colours fade faster), lifestyle (sun exposure), and if any chemical peels or laser treatments come into contact with treated areas. Please note that final results CAN NOT be guaranteed as each unique skin type retains pigments differently and metabolizes at different rates. We will re-evaluate how your skin has received the pigment at your touch-up appointment and make any changes necessary. The initial treatment is followed by a free touch-up within 3 months. Annual touch-ups after than are standard for semi-permanent cosmetic tattoo procedures.
At least 80% of your final results will be from your initial treatment and you will return within 6-12 weeks for your free touchup to finalize the results. With most procedures, the colour looks dramatically lighter after the first week when everything flakes off, but the true colour will resurface at week 6. Some clients prefer this, while others opt for a bolder look. At the second treatment, we will assess the colour retention and make adjustments as necessary. Everyone heals differently and at different rates. If your cosmetic tattoo does not heal perfectly the first time, do not worry as we will complete the procedure and make any final adjustments at the touchup appointment.
In order for us to give you a detailed assessment we must first receive a proper photograph that clearly displays your previously tattooed eyebrows. It would also be a benefit if you provide a brief explanation of the duration you have had this tattoo. Note: It is essential that we receive this information so the appointment can be tailored towards giving you the best results. The majority of the time the eyebrow is a workable area in which correction can be altered in a manner which gives you an entire new eyebrow.
- Sun exposure: The sun will extremely soften the look of your tattoo, so sunblock should be used (once healed) to prolong the life of the tattoo.
- The regeneration of skin cells: The longer the regeneration takes, the longer the pigment holds.
- The speed at which the skin absorbs the pigment: The slower the absorption, the longer the pigment will hold.
- The choice of colour: Some colours fade quicker than others, e.g. a blonde colour will fade quicker than a dark brown colour.
- The density of the strokes/ layering of pigment
- The area of treatment: Enhancements to the face, for example, fade more quickly due to constant exposure.
- Bleeding during the procedure: Any bleeding during the tattooing procedure will reduce the amount of pigment absorption. Alcohol and certain medications act as blood-thinners and should not be taken less than 48 hours prior to and following your appointment.
- The shape and color is chosen and designed specifically to each individuals facial features. For instance: face shape, the distance between your eyes, facial proportions, and nose shape just to name a few. What this means is that no two eyebrows between clients will be the same they are tailored to your own individuality.
- Please remove obvious strays but allow for the growth of your eyebrows. This is essential to show the alignment and movement of your natural eyebrow.
- It is not recommended that you do any strenuous activities that cause excessive sweating or involve large doses of UV rays preceding your procedure. If you are planning to do activities that include these processes please leave for 2 weeks without excessive sweating and 6 weeks with minimal to no sun exposure to ensure proper healing.
- If you are medicated and taking blood thinners we recommend that you abstain from taking these medications for up to 72 hours prior to your appointment given that you have consulted with your physician.
- Please limit your alcohol consumption and caffeine intake prior to your appointment as alcohol leads to thinning of your capillaries which may result in more bleeding during the procedure.
The initial appearance of your semi-permanent procedure will be darker and thicker than the final result. As the week proceeds your semi-permanent makeup will soften and shrink to the desired result. Please note: following your procedure a free touch up will be provided within 4-12 weeks if required.
Following your procedure an aftercare sheet will be provided. Details can also be found here. It is highly recommended that you follow the designated instructions to ensure proper healing.
Every client will have a different experience. The semi-permanent mineral pigment that is blended and chosen for your initial appointment is customized dependent on your skin tone and the color of your hair. In the long run lifestyle and environmental factors such as: exposure to sunlight/UV rays, iron deficiencies, how often your skin exfoliates, and skin regeneration will effect the fading of your procedure. These factors all play an essential role in the fading process, which will be addressed at your follow-up touch-up appointment.
Cosmetic tattooing can either be used as a reconstruction or an enhancement. Recipients include a wide range of individuals. Some may have undergone chemo-therapy, alopecia, and other medical procedures and others would like to enhance their features. Emphasis lies in the vision you would like to create for yourself and for others to embrace the confidence that you want to portray by receiving a semi-permanent procedure.
The Face Studio is licensed, insured, and certified. With nearly 10 years of experience the studio is known for being thoroughly sterilized and meets the highest standards of Fraser Health Authority specifications. Each instrument is properly prepared with the utmost care and any instrument, supplies, and equipment that touches the client, is disposed of and nothing is reused as each portion is single-time use.
Online booking will be provided through a form that you may find on the website. This form will require a 50% deposit which will not be refundable if the appointment is cancelled with less than 48 hours notice.
Email: you may email firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries or if you have any further questions
Phone: 604.496.BROW (2769)
Please note that if we are with a client, we will be unable to pick up the phone. Kindly leave a message and we'll get back to you at our earliest convenience.
Are acceptable forms of payment.